Wednesday, November 17, 2010

... I'm Back


In English 250 we have presentations that we must "breathe new life" into texts we have already read. Today, my classmate exposited the story of Sundjata and the supplemental movie, Keita, to prove the importance of an exile. His message was that in exile one inevitably takes time to reflect, and gaze deep within introspection. From this, that person will have been enlightened from their own experiences and will become a step closer to fully elucidating their life's dharma. Being away from this blog was like an exile. My reasoning was frivolous, and not well thought out. I was afraid of too many people beginning to understand my train of thought, and assumed that quitting cold turkey would some way help my personal and professional advancement. I was wrong.

While I attempted to better to myself, I only truly attempted to conform. I had gotten away from the initial premise of my blog to express my thoughts irregardless of how they complemented this society's world-views. Reality is... I am heretical, and while I was so focused on transforming into the token child of the business world, I am glad this exile has taught me that it's never necessary to embrace conformity; yet, it's always important to embrace contentment. With that, "I'm back on my blog shit" (Wiz Khalifa)--harder than ever. Good Morning World. Your troubled child is back with my ass in the air, ready to wipe it with your opinions.

#NowPlaying J.Cole -Too Deep for the Intro

1 ppl talkin' to me:

Rogue Writer said...

Odd as ever. Glad to have you back, though. It's good to have a place for your thoughts, unadulterated and uncensored. Keep it up!

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?