Sunday, August 15, 2010

No More Pain...

Shout out to Chris Keys

"...Cause I'm back now with something to prove... | Everything to gain, pimpin'. Nothing to lose!..." I'd say repeatedly over T.I.'s track "I Cant Quit". The whole Trap Muzik album has been my soundtrack ever since it was released. I've always used it as a catalyst to my productivity  whenever I'm in get-something-done mode. However, this time a dark cloud of unfulfilled desires rained on my parade.
Perusing through old papers and pictures I found two things: my unfinished book and handwork I left in it. It felt as if a javelin thrower had just thrown an arrow through my heart. My pride was in this book. I spent countless hours attempting to tap into a treasure of thoughts that I thought would make the world go "Ah ha!" But suddenly I dropped it due to ____. It hurts to revisit old goals and dreams only to realize the gap between what you are and what you could be has widened during the period of your neglect. My goal--and hold me to it-- is to not have anymore could-ofs or would-ofs during the rest of my matriculation.

“Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.”
~Pope John XXIII

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?