Sunday, August 08, 2010

PWC eXpedition 2010

They say all things are appreciated deeeper when you have either lost something or came close to losing something. Well, this belief can be applied to my position towards the premier PWC eXpedition experience. There were a number of things that almost blocked my attendance, but when I arrived I was immediately appreciative of the environement.

Who would expect an accounting firm to be so fun, welcoming, and entertaining!
You would assume that most accountants are blue or green personalities and are incapable of having as good of a time as a red personality of a party planner would be abole to. Immediately PWC denounces that dogma.

I was fooled by the seriousness greeters at the airport and the exclusive luxury ride to the resort, the Walt Disney World Swan, but as soon as I walked in the door at 8:15 AM I saw gold shirts limbo-ing, high five-ing, dancing, and smiling from ear to ear. As the event progressed PWC continued to show us a good time while concurrently enlightening us on ways to improve our networking and personal brand. The things I learned here are highly appreciated becuase they didnt try to stuff the company's history down our throats; they strategically allowed us to experience their fun, but demanding culture through activities and team building competitions. One competition in particualar, Mas Camp,  required us to create a costume, speech, and stroll to symbolize our teams goals and values. My team, TEAM SYNERGY, managed to come out on top for the speech segment but fell short in other areas.

Overall, this event has helped me with my networking skills tremendously and has allowed to snag an opportunity to better my public speaking skills. Shout out to Big Mike! Thanks PWC.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?