Friday, September 11, 2009

Minor switch....need advice


Last night was the elections of the Residence Hall Association. I ran for senator of my hall, Graves Hall. My platform was that we cant be satisfied with previos levels of advancement. I told them that every year the next generation of residents should get better; much similar to the innovatioon of the models of cars. I came from a quote repetitively noted by many of Aristotle. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not a mere act, but a habit.".......i challenged my residence hall that we must strive for perpetual development.

. . . . .I won.

The reason I am writing this post is becuase I consistently recieved compliments on my speech and many of the upperclassmen (on SGA) asked me for a copy of my speech. This was WOWING...i was completely tooken aback that this many people respect my word. So Im considering changing my minor from english to communications....good move or pointless?

4 ppl talkin' to me:

Kierra Jackson said...

I think u should make the change because i think like how those upperclassmen backed u up and liked your speech other people might feel the same way. u should because u have an intellectual blog and i think u should take it to the next level. its watever u think is right for u. try things out that u wouldnt normally do because u would always regret it, test the waters. pray on it and now that wat ever decision u make has to make u happy.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, congratulations! Have you thought about running for other offices in the future?

I was science major, but my sister and best friend were Communications major. I think the choice you have to make should be based on what you’re interest plus what will help you in the long run . I like to think of Communications as Media 101, so it’s going to cover writing, journalism, media relations, etc. English is writing and your ability to analyze it. I don’t know what your major is, but it think English is a good supplement to any major.

Supastarrr said...

that's a great quote
&& congrats!

I think you should keep your English
major b|c you CAN go into communications
[broad cast journalism, editing, journalism
as a whole really] with that major.

http://home.sjfc.edu/English/careers.htm

i'm actually thinking of changing my major to that too.

'Kalos' said...

Thanks for the advice guys. Like "Supa Star" said, English can incorporate well with any major. I may just stick with what I have but if it comes down to another reconsideration, I may just "test the waters" like keira advised

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?