Saturday, September 05, 2009

I NEED HELP!!


In order for you to understand this post not in an ethnocentric (I learned that today) manner, I must tell you my story. As a youngin {lets say 6th grade} I was always the smallest and as a result always felt like I needed to prove myself. I did very well in doing so in the athletic world with this mindset, but in the streets and everyday life, I began to cultivate a corrupt mind. My perspective in life was fuck you if you couldnt beat my ass or if your dick wasnt larger than mines. I got in a buttload of fights (I only lost 1 =D)and gained an enormous amount of respect from my peers. After time passed and I was well respected by my community, I didnt have anything to fight for anymore.

In tenth grade I felt like I had another arena to prove myself; academics. I was always smart but only felt like i had to prove it in the neighborhood, somewhat of a wanna be genius gangsta lol (yayee yayee)..So I in essense turned myself around took advantage of all my opportunities to seek knowledge. I then started gaining respect from my elder generation and inspired my peers and youth. I felt great when I finally started to see improvement in my brother's schoolwork. I noticed It was indirectly becuase of my advancement that he advanced, so this was the fuel behind my academic advancement.

Now im at my dream school, after being rejected and seized the appealing process, and I am diligently working to keep my seat here and not letting the hope of my support systems to fade away. Sooooooooo today I find myself waking up at 3 pm (crazy party last night) and studying from 3:30pm til.......30 minutes ago!! I think this is bittersweet...seeing as though I thoroghly understand wtf is goin on in all my classes now and what will be covered for the week ahead of now. BUT...I know theres a way to be moderately effective in the same way....so blogspot my question to you is....WHAT STUDY TECHNIQUES OR HABITS DO YOU USE THAT ARE TIME SENSITIVE AND HELPS YOU RETAIN INFO EFFECTIVE AS WELL?

1 ppl talkin' to me:

Sarah Alaoui said...

wake up early in the morning-->get way more work done.

and congrats on getting an appeal accepted--that's very rare.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?