Monday, July 12, 2010

For This Or That..Or That?

It was seven of us. All seated... in chairs, the bed, the computer desk, and a few standing to create a deformed circle. What we were about to do was unprecedented, well for me anyways. Sights of the bong and sounds of the blunt in preparation increased my anxiety to finally get elevated. I suppressed that anxiety for the sake of my coolness and waited patiently for my turn.
It seemed like it had took forever for my turn to come, but when it did, I acted like I had done this a hundred times before. I swagged out the emulation of my cohorts until I realized how much of a rookie I was. I hit and coughed. I hit, puffed, then coughed before all the smoke was out of me. Then hit, blew out the smoke as fast as I could...then coughed uncontrollably. Embarrassed I was, but while I sipped some luke warm water I decided that this would be the last time I'd make a fool of myself.

Now that I have had a few experiences under my belt, I've realized that this substance is no longer used for the mere purpose of getting elevated. No longer is it a medium to a state of abstraction. No longer is it an opportunity to create esoteric lingo; the focus has been shifted to creating esoteric bonds. I wonder,  however, why users depend so much on this rather than diversifying their pool of "bonding tools". Is it the illegal aspect of it that keeps the interest heightened? Is it because the freedom of speech concept is fully utilized under the influence? Or can it just be the air of nonchalance that makes things so much funnier?

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?