Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Unity Speech

May 16, 2009…seven days before emancipation from high school. This service was the “best baccalaureate service” people have ever been to…with the thanks of my fellow counterparts. I was called to do the scripture, but come on,…you knew I was going to spice it up a bit. Before I went up I told my homeboy Peoples, who did the inspiration, that I was going to loosen up the crowd. All he had to do was bring it home. And that’s what we did!
I came out of Joshua 6 :20 …talking about how the Israelites and marched around the walls of Jericho and related it back to unity. I challenged my class to stay connected through hard times because If we do “we too can bring these geographical detriments crumbling down like the walls of Jericho.”

“My message to you class of 09 is to stay one. As we all matriculate into our various institutions and embark on our journeys into our 2nd stage of life. Remember the power of unity. Be your brother’s keeper. Be your sister’s keeper. Remember we are SAINTS forever. Don’t become a stranger and think that you have a new life at your new school. Instead call and check up on someone every now and then. You never know how much that deposit of kindness might help that person joyfully make it rest of their day, week r even semester. SAINTS remember we are one. We are a family but more importantly, WE ARE THE BEST! For if we stick together as we encounter these trails of turmoil, hills of hardship and mountains of mishap- we too can bring them crumbling down like the walls of Jericho.”

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?