Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Im not satisfied. . .

So there's this theory called Impression management. Impression Management is basically trying to control external perceptions of you. Its "playing different characters on different stages in front of different audiences" to receive an all around good reputation. I feel as though I have been doing that.

I originally created this blog to give people a better sense of who I was and what goes through my head. I have gotten away from that consequently from trying to tailor my posts to the ones that got the most feedback;the serious "deep" ones. I perpetuated my thinking and began to question all things usually taken for granted for the sake of my audience. But that's not right. I shouldn't have to sacrifice who I am to satisfy my audience. If you guys were really backing me you would consider everything I post.

With that, I will no longer sustain a fan pleasing blog....this is my journal. My story. My epiphanies. What you will see from now on is EVERYTHING that runs through my mind....I cant sacrifice any more. . . .I'm turning my back on entertainment. . .This is me.


2 ppl talkin' to me:

Anonymous said...

good! you'll find you touch people on a personal level a lot more when you write for yourself first and foremost. people can tell when you're being genuine as opposed to being popular.

besides, it's more fun to write for yourself.

Kendall said...

It is human nature to want to please people. Thats why people dont express what they truly feel, but if you express what you truly feel,I believe people will connect with you on a deeper level. So do you because the only way to defy grativy is to be different.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?