Thursday, October 01, 2009

Reverted perception of the ANKH



I have this witty, quizzacious professor for World History; Topical Approach. While in class not too long ago he ellaborates in depth on the ankh. I listen with a purpose; and although that purpose was just to have some more knowledge, i found myself disrespecting the symbolism. He mentioned that the ankh was the first symbol of life and purification. That the symbol was used more religously than the cross back in ancient times. The cross was often depicted as a symbol of pain, sacrifice and death becuase of the mythical crucification of Jesus of Nazerath. he then went on to break down the ankh. The loop at the top is a representation of a female organ, the middle leg is representative of a male organ and the arms are representing testicles. These all coincide to engender the thought of "life".
It represents the continuation of secular life and the goal of eternal life.

Think that meant anything to me....nope! I was walking around campus immaturely laughing at the smartasses that wore balls, penises, and vagina on their neck! I thought to myself "If I took a picture of me inside someone would they wear it with the same pride" lol....They dont even know who's penis it is! Taking the stand point of Ancient Egypt, it couldnt have been Osiris's (Egyptian God of the underworld)!! Hell his wife couldn't even find it when she was recollecting his body parts after Osiris's brother, Seth dismembered his body and spread it all around Kemet. She used a dildo to impregnate herself for God's Sake!! LMAO

But after I had my fun, I acknowledged my ignorance and found a greater respect for the ankh. The ankh represents purification, life on Earth, eternal life, sunrise and religion. All these sacramental intangibles represented by one symbol. A butt load of Egyptian Pharaohs wore these and even some that went on to be held high as a God, wore them.It got so powerful that Pharaohs not only changed their name to have the god they worship in their names but also to have ankh in it. Ever heard of King Tut...try King TUTankhamen. To go even further, many pharaohs are shown in thier tombs grasping two ankhs symboliaing that they will forever "hold on to life".That's powerful man. . . Im on my way to buy my first ankh, so that i can grab a hold of life.

. . .So while surfing through pis that best fit my entry, I come across "Vampire Ankhs" and "Gothic Ankhs". . . How fuckin twisted is that. I would post a pic of it, but that would be so damn contradicting to my blog entry, nevertheless the quintessent meaning of the Ankh. Go look it up...and tell me the meaning of it and why they decided to disrespectfully use the ankh revamped to their desires. Cause from what i read on multiple internet sources, they all only ellaborate on the meaning of egyptian ankhs....can they give corroborations to that twisted ish?

1 ppl talkin' to me:

Jupiter Moon said...

Have you heard of something called a tuning rod?

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?