Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Salute to Jacob


Just recently Nebraska's offensive lineman, Jacob Hickman, turned down the opportunity to go pro. his reasoning was pure, genuine, and self-controlled. He says he was physically tired of football but he may go into coaching becuase the mental aspect of it is always stimulating. he also adds to how this will be his way of giving football back what it gave him. I give mad respect to Jacob. If I were in that position--even if I felt the same way physically--I would have given it a whack simply becuase I have already invested too much into the game. This aberration shows amazing self-control and non-influenced prudence. This is something I still fight with everyday. This serves as a slight encouragement to me to embody a "fuck them, fuck it" attitude. I wish Mr. Hickman much success in all his future endeavors.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?