Tuesday, March 02, 2010

To My Self-Centered Friend



Nothing grinds my gears more than a self centered person that is completely oblivious that they are vain. Recently I had my spanish midterm and one of my classmates came up to me with much excitement only to lowkey belittle me about my grade--although my grade served me justice. The convo went something like this:

"Yo Jeff! What you get bro? That shit was too easy!" (Implication: I hope you got a good grade on that test or else ur an idiot)

"Oh a 96 man...I could have gotten higher if I had of revised it. Simple mistakes."

"Damn that's it?" (what the hell do you ever so mean "that's it"....bitch) " I got a 118. I got 18 extra credit points"

"Yeah, she forgot some of my extra cred points anyhow. Maybe shell add it on the next one."

"Oh well good luck on that bro. Maybe youll get a better grade next time" (My shit isnt bad asshole.)

"Preciate it man."

After I went back to get my extra cred points put on my test, I ended up with a 108 on my test. This got to me only for his sake. How can you be so blind to the fact that the world does not revolve around you. It is okay to be considerate. This same person always attempts to point the finger and find the wrong in others when he is clearly wrong in most cases. Sure enough cynicism is debatably the key to success but one should be covertly cynically. No one likes to be around someone who is all about themselves all the time. I want to encourage him to do some introspection but I'm sure he would only find the fault in me. So I write this addressed to you sir, hoping that this will compel you to take a deep hard look at your inner being.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?