Sunday, June 06, 2010

Kalos Descartes?



Earlier in the year my homie Brooke Bowman put me on Rene Descartes. She threw Discourse on the Method at me and I fell in love. As I’ve done more reading on Descartes I’ve realized just how parallel his anomalies are to my epiphanies. In case you didn’t know, Rene Descartes felt that everyone should use their own heads more. He encouraged individuals to use their own reasoning in pursuit of the unabated truth rather than taking the mental framework society or their cultural capital has provided them. He wanted more people to strip themselves of their past beliefs in order to reason towards a new value system and deeper truths. If reincarnation is true, I must be the product of Rene Descartes.

3 ppl talkin' to me:

Tiary said...

hmmm, something to think about...
and I LOVE your new blog! :)

'Kalos' said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks =)

Tay Peezy :) said...

I was supposed to tell you about that, but we never caught up about it...it was eons ago though.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?