Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Pessoptimism

Today as I checked out Zeitgeist of the Sabotuer Academia, a dope blog, I came across this term on his sidebar. I inquired and sought to think it through on my own; I couldn't. Then I calledon my trusty Dictionary.com to help me out; It couldn't. So I Googled it of course and Urban Dictionary had a rather elaborate explanation of this term. Pessoptimism is the philosophy that  most persevering realist exemplify. My grandaddy told me " I gotta keep on keeping on." Meaning that shit is indubitably going to happen but I must ovecome them. For Booker T. Washington corroborated saying "success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome." Let it marinate....


Pessoptimism- A philosophy that encourages forward-thinking optimism with an educated acceptance of a basic level of pessimism.

3 ppl talkin' to me:

Anonymous said...

shout out! whhhhhhhhaaaaaatttttttttt! =)

i got the term like two years ago from some guy randomly while walking in the hippy neighborhood of san francisco. there's a comic (in german) of it too.

'Kalos' said...

lol What was the story behind that one?

Anonymous said...

nothing really. i walked by, heard the term, and kept walking.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?