Friday, June 11, 2010

Won't Be Hopping on This Bandwagon


As you are aware, these past few days I have been in the midst of the most prominent black individuals throughout America (and possibly the world). They have been sharing all of their insights that are compelling me to rise above all detriments, stereotypes and, of course, the white population. I can do nothing but respect their aversion because I refuse to internalize it.

Understandably this opposition towards the white population is fueled by the strategic manipulation of our culture's mind, money, and history the white community has been the scapegoat of for years. That opposition has been accentuated by the perpetuation of these manipulations by black people themselves. Proprietors passionately expound upon the importance of Black unity while concurrently encouraging the wealth to stay out of the white people's hands. It almost seems like this the formation of cult.

It seems as if the positivity in these messages are ringing throughout the cerebellums of all of the participants but me. I can not grasp the idea of having unabated success with a limited market. White, Asian, Korean, Hispanic all have interests I can appeal to. Furthermore, I attend an institution that encourages me to be "Well- Rounded"  in which encompasses the idea of cultural inclusion. [Did you know that all white corporations I've been recruited by are striving to hire more black, effective and smart individuals? Maybe they understand the importance of evaluating competency rather than complexion.]

 I refuse to hop on this bandwagon. I will fight for the advancement of my people--btw, I am a proud member of NAACP-- but I will also embrace new cultures, including cultures of European descent.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?