Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NOT digging Thank Us Later


It’s the southerner in me that says “a rap song isn't a rap song until the bass is knocking”. I cant really get jiggy to Drakes new mix-tape because all his songs are sad and predictable.
 I really like the idea of “Cookin’ Soul” for soul music and I am in tune with the “album of the remixes” idea as well. However, no bass leaves my musical sensory nerves without stimulation; ergo, my attention span is shortened. Furthermore, all his songs are predictable. I can predict the timing of his punchlines, the syntax of his hooks and even the featured artist's appearances. Originally, I approved this mix tape because others approved this mix tape. But no longer can I hide my aversion under my acquiescence . This mix tape is a fail in book.

Hopefully the album will make me feel diff

2 ppl talkin' to me:

Kierra Jackson said...

Wow... Ive been live in the south for 10 years of my life and im not that much into southern music unless its artist like T.I. but when it comes to drake and his work for me it never fails. Its good once in a while to listen to something different. Artist sometimes are seeing a different picture than we can see with there music, but I see where you are coming from. Plus its a mixtape that right around the album release. http://bohemianprincessalways.blogspot.com

'Kalos' said...

Thanks for your comment

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?