Friday, February 05, 2010

How could you be so Haircutless??


"Jeff... Why do you act so different when you have a haircut?" My friend questions me. Well, my hair is my medium of my confidence and humility. When I have an abundance of waves accentuated by a temple fade outlined with a nice hairline, my confidence is through the roof. With a haircut I am a much more friendly and interactive person. With too much confidence, however, comes with a mustard seed of cockiness. So it gets hard to maintain a certain level of confidence--especially with these pathogenic parasites itching to infect you are smiling in your face.

Then comes the other side. First off, I love being to myself; i've noticed that many people steer away from me when I look rough. With that I get the best of two worlds; In one world I get the peace I ask for. In the other, I know Im not looking my best (and I dont put on good clothes without a haircut), so I dont have confidence period. This takes away from my courage to interact with new faces--so Im back to limiting my circle and getting closer to my lonesome. Not bad at all to me....I hope I shed some light to my friend who just dont understands why I wont get a haircut. =)

3 ppl talkin' to me:

Dub said...

hahahahaha, yo i wish people understood this. definitely about to link this to my blog soon

'Kalos' said...

Ha Ha I dont think this gets much elaboration ...plz do! lol

Just Another Black Man Out Here Trying Not To Be A Statistic said...

i feel you bro!!!! a fresh cut can have your confidence at an all time high. i still like to go ratchet at times, just because. i know i let my beard go had last semester until graduation week....lol...just because.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?