Monday, February 01, 2010

Maybe you were oblivious to this. . .

 

  It is common for people to "dap" up when greeting someone in my culture. Very few know that there is an art to this dapping procedure, however. Often times you convey what type of person you are by the angle of your hand before engaging in the "dap". Here are some tips:
  • If your hand is tilted towards your left more than the right before the "dap", odds are you are an aggressive person.
  • If your hand is tilted more towards your right, then you are a submissive person.
The density of  the angle of your hand tells others -- well, people who are aware of this -- how much of a tyranneous or push over type personality you have. Smart people have a nice mixture of angles. I often times use a submissive angle when dealing with submissive people. This allows me to lower myself whilst building humilty by not taking advantage of this weak personality.With dominant people --dependant upon how dominate they are-- I use a dominant angle to counter thiers. I also hold my head very high and engage in a very brief interaction with them to accentuate the power I will get from the handshake. This results in them respecting me a little more and often times coming back to me unawaringly with deep curiosity of how to either befriend me or dethrone me (determining their motives can usually be told in the story of thier eyes).

With smart people, however, I use a 90 degree angle and give a very big smile. This helps with my networking --because what says "lets be cool" more than a genuinely illustrious smile-- and my power/humility balance. I allow them to take a role first and I combat it in future occurrences. (Most times smart people feel the need to prove that their smart so they become loquacious. Take advantage of that by listening. They are just transferring their power to you with every word that comes through their teeth. However, never say too much; always say too less. Soon they will get to the point to where they are begging you to give them information about yourself. But remain adamant with your silence and only pull out your wisdom with apposition.)

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?