Monday, February 22, 2010

"Pretty Girls"

I openly converse about my intimidation of pretty girls to my friends and they often think I am 'flexing'. However, I am truly petrified. No bull shit. There's a slew of reasons [Blog Post] why I feel this way. Today as I perused through my facebook notifications, I was notified of being tagged in a note by a writer I respect. Ignorantly checking it out, I began reading it. The more I read it the more the page became alive. I could see her delivering this poem in front of a large constituency of average girls --similiar to some feminist movement type ish-- as the crowd gets rowled up. Blinded by my vicariism, I matched the intensity of the hypothetical crowd. I shouted “HELL YEAH!” and re-noticed that I was in a study room when the awkwardness pierced my excitement. This poem is great and I feel it needs more publicity. Tell me/her what you think.

all these pretty girls.



all these pretty girls.





all these pretty girls.



all around



me.



completely shadowed by these



pretty faces.



competition not for me.







pretty girls



i won't even dare step up to your plate.



pretty girls



you get the highest rate.



[5 star]



pretty pretty girls



nothing is ever late



with you.



you're always in time.







vogue.



elle.



cosmopolitan.



baby girls out of this



world.



so what of the plain



girl.







imma tear it up--



plain girl.



plain girl.



you on anotherplane girl.



so fly.



so high.







above them.







doing the do.



they can never front you boo.



never enter the contest cause you couldn't lose.







they needed jimmy choos.



7 feet heel , those is shoes.



just to reach you.



they needed moulin rouge.



face airbrushed and hair touched up.



just to hold a teacup



to you.



they need gucci,louie and burberry.



all you needed was your pen,pad and strawberry--



orbit gum.







a complete degree.



pure.



simple. full.



you do not lack beauty.



you reek of it.



so do not fit



into a pre-molded



wish of the masses.







plain girl.



plain girl.



they may rock diamonds.



but you



you're my classic pearl.


5 ppl talkin' to me:

kiingdonPellyoSo said...

awhh. thanks so much<3

Kierra Jackson said...

I luv this poem so much. It speaks to me and i understand it.

Supastarrr said...

omg I loved it! That spoke VOLUMES

KimBee said...

omg this is great jeff! she wrote a good one, and it does need more publicitiy! can i reblog it ? lol

kiingdonPellyoSo said...

yes. awh really i mean thank you<3

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?