Friday, May 14, 2010

Scaredy Cats are Never Happy...

I've said this before... and I've stuck with it since. 'Fear is only constituted when the unknown is unknown.' Many times I hear my friends talk about what they can and can't do because of the provisions others have set in stone. They will bitch and moan about what they cant do because they are scared to reject the provisions given to them. These friends repeatedly talk about what they would do if this and what they could make happen if that but never seem to create either circumstance. My assumption is because they are embracing the unknown.






How fair is it for one to run from an aspiration becuase the dark clouds of the unknown were hovering above their aspiration. I imagine that once that person seeks to seize that aspiration that they will impinge that dark cloud into a brighter, happier sky. Let's say that I really wanted to be the president of SGA next year. I envision myself in two instances: one with me bringing my aspiration to fruition and one with me failing. These two opposing forces engender the unknown. The latter is the negative force that dilutes the momentum of the positve force. As a result of this I begin to ask myself questions such as "what if  I don't win SGA president?" I'd furtherly excogitate " Will I be the laughing stock of the school: Will I be able to regain my social momentum; Am I really too young and inexperienced?" This internal conversation usually gives more momentum to the negative force behind my aspiration rather than the positive. This is where the fear is constituted.


Fear of not being able to attain my goal was created by my own thought process. According to the law of attraction, the more you focus on the positive or the negative, the more likely the outcome you focused on will occur. People create fears habitually because they worry about the outcome. Heretically, I try not to focus on the outcome. I do what I want because that's what I wanted to do. Let's say I didn't focus on the outcome and just wholeheartedly went after my goal. Being that I didn't open the doors for external forces to distort my imagery of attainment, I am more likely to accomplish my goal. I have allowed the mental momentum to remain behind the positive.


I have learned to become content with the decisions I make and live with the consequences. Almost never have I done what I wanted to do--without reference to the possibilities of attainment--and not gotten an accolade or a valuable lesson. I don't consider the provisions other's have created (unless of course it is the only way to be successful in bringing my aspiration to fruition) and I have been enjoying life alot more.  My recipe for success is simple: Go with your first instict and dont think twice about it. I dont embrace the unknown any more. Maybe this lifestyle isn't for everyone ...but I don't bitch and moan about the possibilities of my actions anymore. I enjoy the rewards.


Fear is only constituted when the unknown is unknown. As long as one is able to neglect the concentration on the unknown, he or she builds more momentum towards the mental concentration of the attainment of their goal. Ergo, increasing the probability of one enjoying more success.


Quit focusing on the outcome; Just do it.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?