Wednesday, May 05, 2010

CUTCO CUTLERY--- Feeding Me Bullshit


Today I did horrible on my Math Final Exam so I sought to alleviate the painstaking thoughts of a deteriorating B minus final grade with some weed.  Towards the end of my smoke session I recieve a call from an unknown number. "Jeffrey Williams" I answered.

"Hi Jeffrey, my name is Katie with Vectors Marketing."  At that moment bells began to ring. Thoughts of a sweet internship deal swayed my focus of the conversation towards the mula I'd be earning; nevertheless the resume boosting it would do. "Vectors Marketing was found in blah blah.  We are a marketing group that offers  blah blah to students" --aaaaaaaaaaaaaand she continued to feed the typical bullshit a company would throw at me on the phone.

She told me she had gotten my contact information from a guy I hardly talked to in high school (this guy was legit so I figured he had a legit internship he was trying to put me on) and offered me an interview for a position that was 15 dollars an hour--for a part time job.  It sounded so similiar to the company my dumb ass 4X800m relay parter recieved after he graduated. He went door to door selling knives and 'fridges' and got paid like 20 bucks and hour--for four hours.

So I allowed he to continue as I began detecting fallacies within her pitch. Towards the end of her bullshit we set up an interview --for the very next day-- and she asked me did I have anymore questions. I asked her where I could find more information about the company and the position available before my interview. She told me to visit http://www.workforstudents.com/  and the manager that was interviewing me would tell me about the positions (plural).  Before we hung up she insisted on giving me directions versus just giving me the address.
  • Peep This -- This aligned with her evasiveness. By giving me the address I would have never found out that the location was in VIlla Rica, GA. [WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT????] If she had given me the address, like most businesses do, I would have found out the distance while Mapquest-ing the location and further more thought deeper into the legitamacy of this company.
That did it for me. She was unknowledgeable the position, had a random contact information source, remainedevasive throughout the whole phone call. With that, I pegged this call to be a scam and decided to look online immediately for some info that would corroborate my assumption.On the website, http://www.workforstudents.com/, All the details of the company were generic and gave little details. Fortunately it gave enough info to direct me to a third party source that would break all this shit down for me. Under the "Products" tab it gave reference to CUTCO products. I googled CUTCO and found the first three main searches to be "CUTCO", "CUTCO Knives" and "CUTCO scam." Apparently I chose the latter; It explained a situation similiar to this one--but a little longer and testy of the waters-- that proved me right. CUTCO CUTLERY is a SCAM!!! I called her back to cancel the interview but unsuprisingly she didn't pick up.

Be on the watch out for these artists kiddos!

1 ppl talkin' to me:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Interesting. Well, if everything you read on the internet about companies was true, Wallmart would be out of business. I've been with the company a while, and the only people who say its a 'scam' are the ones who leave or are fired because they suck at the job. Just like a disgruntled friend who says such-and-such store is awful, just because THEY were a bad cashier and got sacked. But, whatever ^_^ I just made $2,248 on my last paycheck. But that's because its a scam, right? Go make minimum wage asking someone "Debit or Credit, Ma'am?"

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?