Tuesday, August 11, 2009

America I Am Exhibit




Today I had the pleasure of indulging my self in the exhibition that profoudly displays the "African American Imprint" on America. Thats right Ladies and Gents, I have seen the America I Am exhibit. It is a collectively eruditional piece of art. From the first black to sail the ship with Colombus to Barack Obama, we have infact done quite a bit on Americas face and thus have a massive inprint on the world. ....here at a few things I picked up.

  1. Afro-Spaniards conquested the world in the 100s also. Spain had African decents in thier country that would explore the world with the Spaniards. Never did I know that A black may have been one of the first 10 people to touch foot on this country.

  2. 16 million Africans were victimized to work as slaves, 4 million died in the transition, and 12.5 million endured crazy labor in for the Europeans.

  3. In order to compensate slaves in terms of monetary reparations for the free labor and on the job injuries, It would cost about 19 billion dollars each.

  4. Abraham Lincoln didnt fully oppose slavery. He stated in a few of his documents that if he could have saved the Union without erradicating slavery...he would.

  5. Four of the first five Presidents were slaveowners from Virginia. Their wealth as based of the production and circulation of tobacco.

This exhibit is a must see! I overheard a worker for the exhibit that this is the first time it has been brough down south. Tavis Smiley and Cornell West have outdone themselves wit this one. Please try to attend....click here for more information.

1 ppl talkin' to me:

Sarah Alaoui said...

Darn, not in California. Yup, Lincoln is over-credited for freeing the slaves...

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?