Thursday, August 06, 2009

Are you an ignorant believer?



First off, allow me to inform you that I am not an agnostic, nor an Atheist. I have been going to church on consecutive sundays since i was born. Thats at least (52x17)=[884] sundays. I have noticed a couple things. The whole christian aura in church seems a bit like a rap concert. The Preacher goes "blahdy blah blah!". The assistant preacher (or whos ever in the pulpit)goes "You betta preach boy!". Then the crowd feeds off it and responds with "Awright!", "Amen!", "Preach Preacher!" or probably take off and do a few laps. If the preacher feels like he's still not giving them what they are paying for, he'll attempt to get them to interact more by saying stuff like "yall aint hearing me", yall aint sayin nothing" , or something quite innovative like " Stop.Rewind. Now play it again"......Its just the same as a Young Money concert.

Wayne says "Blahdy Blah Blah!". Drake or Mac Mane goes "I wish I could fuck every girl in the world!" And the crowd feeds off of it!...same ol lame ol.....my point is this Im starting to view my religion as its sophism. Specious displays of ingenuity that are point blank just for entertainment. To say "Im a better preacher" or to say "I have the best church" or to say " Ive attracted the best congregation"...modestly. How do we know that what they are feeding us is "sent from god" How can we prove that this man whos entertaining us embodies devine integrity? How? ....to impinge even further......Why are you a Christian? Why are you a jew? Why are you muslim? Why are you a witness of Jehova?.......

Most of the pious people on this Earth couldn't even tell you why they are what they are. They'll give you a monotonous answer that reflects tradition or a single experience. There's nothing wrong with that. You should want to build family ties through religion. But how do you know the way you are praising God fits you best? What research have you done in different religions that shows you took in all perspectives of other ways to praise him? What about the history of the religion when it as first founded compelled you to stick with this life style? Since then, do you agree with the way it has been innovated? It shows that the people are using monotonous optimism with hope to make it to heaven. Whenever I bring this up to a strong believer they never fail to answer me with a one sided answer that just proves my point, and thus reflects them being willfully ignorant becuase they havent chosen to take the time to read up on thier religion and others as well to see if this lifestyle in fact is for them. Now...before I go any further...allow me to contradict myself.

I know that any religion is faith based. Meaning that you arent necessarily supposed to know that somethings right....you just believe.........................Bullshit. God hasnt provided us with all these resources for no reason. He talks left and right about wisdom and foolishness. Not allowing yourself to be informed about why you believe in what you believe in is foolish. This is not an attempt to deter you away from your beliefs nor make you switch religions. But it is an attempt to challenge you to know your shit. Think about it.....There is no set religion that if we live by it thesmophilistically and excel in it, that we are guaranteed a wonderful after life. In fact, there is no guaruntee that after life is even real. We dont know if we are just brainwashed and reused as a cat or flamingo. There is no book with God's signature on it lol.....If youre going to indulge yourself in something faithbased, with no definite outcome, at least know for sure that this is the branch you want to indulge yourself into. Dont allow someone like me to ask you "Why are you a ______?" and you scramble to answer the question using a narrow minded response. You have the right to know....use it.



6 ppl talkin' to me:

Kierra Jackson said...

I Go to New birth and the church is different from many of the old fashioned traditional churches. Since the church is big you really don't hear all that shouting from the people like that. I am a christian because that was what I taught growing up and I choose to be and live as a christian. I believe that the way we choose our religion and life style is from the media and what we have learned growing up.

'Kalos' said...

Precisely! Like you said you are a christian becuase "that was what you have been taught growing up". Nver did you take the time to see different practices....you allowed someone to tell you what you believe in versus finding out yourself your beliefs.

Anonymous said...

Very insightful. I didn’t go to church much as a kid, just holidays. But as I’ve grown I became more interest in faith. I took time to see what is what it is to be a Christian and what it means. My no means can quote scriptures, but I’m doing my studying.. I take issue with the ‘preacher=young money’ comment. Some preacher’s is all for show, others, it’s really a feeling that they are getting from the word. But I see the point you were trying to make. That gets to one of my issues with some black churches, people following what ‘pastor say ’ and ‘what the first lady say’ not what the word say.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment on my "Childhood Dreams" post. I guess I'm a more negative thinker, because when most of my family didn't pursue what they wanted, it was called "giving up." My mom gave up what she wanted to do for my dad. Etc. Things like that should not get in the way of goals & dreams. Maybe you're right, & more people choose to change their career choice because they find something that suits them better, which I respect. But people who still kept their childhood dreams should do every thing in the world to get that job, because I think they will regret it one day if they don't.

& @ your post about religion, I'm a Christian because I believe that God sent his son to die for all of us. I follow God & only God. & Christianity is the religion that I will believe. The other ones are interesting to learn about, but they're not my beliefs.

Anonymous said...

Hahha, one more thing:))
& THANK YOU for the comment on "PSA" & I definitley respect that you want to get to know a woman mentally before every thing falls off & things go down hhaha, because you can't ever get that back, & even if you get to know her after that, it won't be the same. You know? Thank you:), you too!

Kendall said...

I totally agree with you on this one jeff. Many times I questioned myself asking myself why do I believe in god. Why do I practice christianity? I questioned myself until the point that i once gave up faith. at the time that i gave up faith I became depressed and unhappy because I felt life was pointless. thats when i relized the reason i believe in god is to have hope, happiness and a purpose for life. I realized I rather be a happy naive fool then a person wandering with no purpose in living life.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?