Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dear Ol' Morehouse. . .Get Real



After reading Immaneul Kant's 1784 bash on societys malfntioned structure,"What is Enlightenment", it shows me that society has been limiting the range of expression for some time. For those who are unaware this article speaks on how scholarsmsut emmerge rom different levels of confinement. First socially, then legislatively, then ultimately religiously. He says this fear of autotomous curiosity wil in turn help socety and not hurt it. Contempoaririly I find contradictiions in my school's "prestige". Just like the perpetrating pupils that perambulate amongst the clasghing egos of each other--the administration does the same thing. "Morehouse men are renaissance men." "Redefine yourself, then redefine he world" These two statements are what I prided my application process--and appealing process-- on when seek admittance in this school. Now that I am here, I am seeking freedom from this hypocrisy.

Morehouse wants its pupils to be apart from society's confinements. It attempts to provide a permanent state of abstraction but reversely provides a setting full of secular confinements. This dress code....what if that was a way for them to express their individuality? Why is my Composition professor threatening to fail me because my aversion towards systematic writing is overt? Why is the "brotherhood" based off competition rather than communion? What the hell am I supposed to be learning from shitty facilities and lethargic lecturers?

. . .Dear old Morehouse you must let your pupils express their individuality after all that is what your selling them in the Marketing/PR tools. My assumption is the fear of losing the prestige behind the reputation is what's causing these unseen constraints. Well, wouldn't that be a limitation your imposing on yourself? I want to experience the school I signed loans worth 40K for. . .may you grant me that wish please?

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?