Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Im with Colin Powell on this one. . . .



Recently for the past two weeks the media has been exacerbating the topic at hand. Scholar "Skip" Gates was supposedly wrongly arrested at his home after a self inflicted altercation between the officer and himself. From my research, Yes, there was racial discrimination in this matter but like colin Powell says every black person has come into contact with this matter. Hell, i just left the Clayton County Courthouse and the Superior Court of Civil State Clerk wouldn't file my Demand for Discovery, becuase she had "too much on her hands". All it takes is a stamp and throw it in the tray! But did I get out of hand Mr. Gates? No I didn't...I kept my composure and stayed respectful while i waited for the next available clerk.

This happens to everyone...not just our race. But the difference between people of your caliber and us. We understand the value and power of being humble. you felt that your accolades would allow you to be acceptable to question this man's authority. He was doing his job by checking to see if anyone was breaking an entry into your house (an anonymous caller called in), whether if he knew you stayed there or not! "Suck it up!" as Colin Powell says and you wouldnt have all this attention on yourself and Obama for making a specious insult. I commend you for intellectual growth, but theres still some maturation for you to endure.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?