Friday, July 03, 2009

Does the government need to toughen up?


"We have the most gov't assistance than any generation before"....My pastor hit the congregation with that this past sunday. So ...I've been thinking. Is it good or bad?

Thats great that the gov't is making it alot easier for everyone to succeed and therefore anyone who doesnt really doeasnt have an excuse becuase theres so much help, but my point is this...

With it being so easy to succeed now-a-days struggles are lost and many life lessons are surpassed. Isn't that the where we build our character and morality?...Now before I continue. I know that growing up, your parents are obligated to instill proper teachings into you and build your character but we are living in such an independent society no that family time is becoming non-existent. So its almost like we are to learn our lessons the "hard way" by getting out there and taking on obstacles head on.....thats brings me back to my point.

With the gov't giving us so many second chances and "lee-way" ....struggles dont just fall in our lap [which isnt the bad part]....but since its so easy to attain success now, isnt our morality thinning out? I mean think about it....You use the simple key to success....Eductation+Education+Education+ Experience= Great salary. Easy as pie if you handle your business at the time where its operative. Soon well have all these successful people leading our nation with no morals thus leading our nation to a deeper state of immorality. . . .im just saying. I could be looking at it wrong..Or I could be right on the bulls eye...I dont feel as strongly as I usually do about a point like this so if you feel otherwise feel free to persuade me to understand your point.

2 ppl talkin' to me:

Bunmi said...

The government has a long history of oppression, institutionalized genocide and racism, hate crimes, deceit, etc.

Knowing this, you should never feel sympathetic towards the governments burdens.

Way before Cointelpro disrupted the black Panthers and long after Bull Connor released those dogs there has always been a gap between the wealthy powerful and the poor weak.

The government has a system in tact, oppressing suppressing and etc.

The jAiL system in itself is an industry.

You following me?

My Point is: the Government is not doing ish to help us succeed, it's the will of the people, yes our parents struggled but now we have our different struggles.

The programs in tact to help us excel I like to think of as their poor attempts of reparations for the trans-Atlantic slave trade and Jim crow era, and etc.

tbc...

~*BuNmI*~

'Kalos' said...

tbc?

And ok ..new insight tooken. Ive never been the one that was big on 'black paower' buti do strongly believe in knowing where you came from. I have moe research to do but I do understand whre you are coming from...but whether its there way of "getting back on our good side" (well they ever really were on the good side)...I still think we should 'seize the opportunities of our lietimes in the lifetimes of our opportunity'...point taken...point understood but I still feel the same....we cant eep pointing fingers at the past...if we keep dwelling on it...how are we supposed to impact the future...w would get left behind....literally

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?