Friday, July 31, 2009

Dont you dare call me a man!

I guess being addicted to facebook has its ups. I was scrolliing down on my home page weeding through the stauses and this guy name Orane Douglas Had a Status that stated:


Orane K. Douglas "We are born male; we must learn to be men"...who is to say when you have learned? [think like a man of action and act like a man of thought] {never home but aways repping...JAMAICA!!!}


I love the quote, I truly do. But allow me a minute to play devil's advocate. True enough every male was born male. But some males aren’t equipped with the proper tool to nourish their bestowed seed into manhood. But to impinge even further....What is manhood? What standards have we set that a man can refer to, i order to officially be a "man". What age limit is there? How many girl friends have you had to have? How tall do you have to be? How many books have you had to read? How much pain would you have to have endured ? How many sports? How many inches is your penis?...and the lists keeps rolling. I do believe age and maturation does play a huge factor into the identity of a "man" but my point is there is no way to precisely define a males "manhood". The reason is lies in our laps as males....we’ve never taken the time to define this term we so haphazardly use. Like Orane said in a later comment "it’s very similar to the way we use love". We've neglected to do three things as a group:


1. Define what it is to be a man.

2. Set requirements for becoming a man

3. Listed duties to be upheld as a man


See without those things done, The term "man" as it is used just remains another slogo (check my lingo shawty!) to build a males ego. Its used solely as reassurance that he has enough credibility to do whatever he decides to indulge himself into. It sets him in a mindset of complacency, that wont allow him to take in outside insight, advice, and opinions. He is now egotistically stubborn...not allowing himself to have sufficient room for growth.


With that in mind, I am not a man....and proud of it! I know that no one can know everything but the wise accumulate as much knowledge as possible. To make it simple, the success you desire is determined by the wisdom you acquire. NEVER limit your capacity for the accomplishments you can attain. Seeing that the term "Man" has the repetitive effect of setting most "men" in the state of complacency, I AM NOT A MAN! I want to grow and grow and share...my wisdom with the world and solely my little brother and baby sister. I love you guys with all my heart....and I promise to never be a man for you guys...Ill remain an evolving boy, for the sake of our future.

0 ppl talkin' to me:

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?