Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Never Force Belief on Others


Well. . .all my life I have been in church. I can honestly say that out of 18 years of my life, I may have only misses 6 Sundays of service. I never had a choice of whether or not I would like to attend church. I would be told “BOY! You goin’ to church and you gone worship him while you there”. Growing up I’d abide by that, but now it has dramatically tarnished my faith. I feel like I need a break from church. Church seems so cliché to me. In fact every time I share this with someone, their response goes in one ear and out the other because I’ve heard it all before. They usually quote scriptures to support their argument when most times that isn’t even what it originally meant. I’ve gotten to the point that if I see religious text I something I’m reading, I’ll just skim or skip it. The more I am forced to go to church the more I notice what I don’t like about it. I just need to escape religion for a while to regain my passion for acknowledging the higher being.

3 ppl talkin' to me:

Supastarrr said...

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I've been raised in church all my life too. I feel like now, at least where I am in my life, I'd appreciate God a lot more if I learned about him by myself w|o church.

'Kalos' said...

Man. . .I believe if we ever met in person that we would be good friends. Im glad to see im not the only one who feels that way

Supastarrr said...

Def =) It's unfortunate that I'm happy that sometimes I work on Sundays so I can't go to church.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?