Monday, December 21, 2009

Thanks Nandi



So last night I was on the phone with a good friend of mine: Nandi Spencer. Homie is a creative conversationalist and BANGING BLOGGER. We talked about my problem then we talked a little about her cultural capital. I was intrigued by how she was raised to be family centered and how her family centered their being on their ancestral family …cool right? I asked how her family planned to spend Christmas together and she said “we don’t celebrate Christmas. We Celebrate Kwanza”. Got damn that’s cool!!!

I asked her to excuse my ignorance and to enlighten me about it. It sounded very good and I wanted to try it …bad! So I asked if it was wrong if I could..she said yes. So this year I will be celebrating Christmas and Kwanzaa. Wish me luck!


2 ppl talkin' to me:

Bunmi said...

I celebrate Kwanzaa as well and fortunately there are always Kwanzaa events in Atlanta.
~*BuNmI*~

'Kalos' said...

oooo. . .I soo need you to put me on then.

Post a Comment

What you say shawty?